Eng103 Research workplace

WELCOME

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Editing Experience

Alan Makar

Prof. McCormick

ENG-103

November 10, 2010

What did I learn about editing?

When editing another individuals paper theres is something you always want to keep in mind. Such as: positive renieforcement, being careful to not re-state things you've already said. Also, you might want to pick up something you notice while reading their papers that you liked or notice you have a problem with.

When trying to give another person tips on their paper you always what to project it in a positive tone. This reminds me of the time I constructed an essay of complaint to financial aid. As much as I wanted to bash them while writing, i had to keep in mind to try and use a professional tone so i can be taken serious. If i went wild in my writing they would have most likely tossed my paper into the trash. In the end they asked me to attend a meeting to address my concerns. So it is always important to construct your concerns in a positive manner no matter the issue. It's like if a fighter is going to compete and the coach is aware that the athlete has an issue fighting in southpole stance because his right leg is injured. The coach will advise him not to expose his right side and so on.

PART 2:

This experience helped me realize things that I may lack. When reading an individuals paper they assumed that he/she can relate to the topic.Although this should not be assumed because not every individual experienced that certain thing. In my paper I need to be aware that not all paper may have the same view as me no matter what evidence i may state and it can be accepted and find a way to suade them to my arguement in the rebuttal.

No comments:

Post a Comment